Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Aww. Having someone help you find your light is really everything. I was in isolation for weeks and the solitude was too much. I'm sure your husband is thankful for you too. We all need a little more kindness and support during these times.

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    mjmnl I got into an accident 2 years ago while driving with my kids. Thank goodness we were all fine but the trauma was too much it took me almost a year to get back behind the wheels. I understand the anxiety; I still get that a lot. But its a skill I need so I had to take all my courage to start over again. I went into defensive driving class again to gain back my confidence. I guess its true when they say that when we face our fears, they start to fade.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    As much as I wanted to learn how to drive either manual or automatic, I choose not to. I feel stressed and get anxiety attacks just driving on the road. I know that driving is an essential skill and I wish that someday, sooner or later, I can find the will to drive again.

How do you guys get over something that you fear so much? Let me know

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. I've always wanted to learn how to drive using stick shift, but I never had the chance even with the pandemic. The first couple of months were way too hot and I prefer to have my lessons when its not raining. That, or I am just lacking motivation so I never run out of excuses I considered learning to ride the bike instead, but between my kids' homeschooling and lack of energy to function for the day, I ended up cozying up in bed playing sims during my free time. The rainy weather doesn't help either lol I guess I'd be sticking to automatic driving for now until I finally get that 'spark' back.
    Last edited by Kamille; 06-08-2021, 10:16 AM.

• Bjun
    commented on 's reply
    Learning to drive manual is definitely on my to do list. My brother started teaching me just before we sold our old car but then he got "busy" and it's been a few years and I never got to learn to drive a manual.

It's nice you're doing a lot of new things. These days, I don't really do anything but I feel like I don't have any energy other than to look out the window and stare at my plants.

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    My ideal pet is a rock.

• kdy
    replied
    been there .. still there. and still trying to find that spark. I decided to do things that i never really did before or things I never really considered doing. I started to take daily morning walks, learn how to drive (manual transmission), occassionally ride the bike and do yoga every sunday with cousins. (no worries - we practice social distancing and we do yoga outdoors). I decided to just not focus on the things I got to do as prescribed by my role. I still don't feel optimistic doing the usual stuff like chores, work and other hobbies. Doing something different brings a different kind of challenge though. These new challenges allow me to focus on other things other than the dread of the daily grind - Can I complete my 10k steps each morning? Can I do the yoga pose better than the last time? When can I take on the road and not be scared of difficult ascents when riding the bike? When will I be able to get my driving license and drive my own car?

I guess it is fine to not feel up to it at times, and I think it is fine to find a different focus while in this phase. Though we would still have to do the things we have to do even if it felt like dragging ourselves, find something to look forward to or a new challenge.

Easier said than done, but maybe you can find something different, or something that is totally outside your comfort zone.

Leave a comment:

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    Having a pet is beneficial for our mental health, experts say. I've never been a pet person since I was a kid. I enjoy playing with other people's pets but I never imagine taking care of them for the long haul. Probably the reason why my husband and I still haven't planned on having our own little family, too. Responsibilities. But this year-long quarantine made me thinking, I think I would eventually get a cat soon. 😅

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    I agree. It is just the same routine over and over now. I think this is cabin fever.

• Bjun
    replied
    I feel you. I guess I'm lucky my husband knows how to "rekindle the fire" in my life. So, when I'm feeling miserable and don't want to work or go to school, he would come home with plants, flowers and gardening stuff. Just being busy with things I truly love rekindles that fire to do the other things I do not want to do sometimes. We just need to find that thing that recharges us since work and studies can sometimes be so mentally and physically draining.

Leave a comment:

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    Getting a pet is out of the option for my kids. Hello allergies!

• Kamille
    replied
    I agree with Lou; these times are hard for kids too. I have younger kids and they rely on us for motivation, which is hard because we are also working during the day. I wish I can take them on a vacation but its still unsafe. So we decided to get them a puppy. It works for me, too. My kids have a new playmate and schoolmate, and everyday is 'bring your pet to work day' for me.

Leave a comment:

• Lou
    replied
    My eldest daughter is doing some arts and crafts at the moment and it keeps her busy. She doesn't complain that much anymore. 😁😁😁 After her online class, she goes on tinkering and I guess it helps with her boredom. I think it's for her school org as they are planning to raise money for something. It's a relief to see my children do something productive and they enjoy at the same time. I appreciate the school's effort to make things a bit normal during this pandemic. When I see my children lonely and hear them complain, it hits me hard and it makes me feel bad as a parent. So seeing them able to do something and actually enjoy, it's a blessing.

Leave a comment:

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    Just knowing that I am not alone is a great comfort. Let there be comfort and strength in numbers.

• mjmnl
    replied
    It's actually comforting to know that I am not alone. I feel the same way and was really thinking if it is normal or am I already going through a mental breakdown. I agree with you Bjun, when you think about it, it's actually better to work than to slack off and waste the day. It's just a matter of looking and finding time to do something that will inspire and bring back your motivation.

In the midst of this pandemic, it is our #1 priority to take care of our physical health and mental health. This article has a list of tips that could help us find our motivation. https://www.lifehack.org/789583/how-to-find-motivation

Hope it helps! We'll all get through this!
    Last edited by mjmnl; 02-16-2021, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X