Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjmnl
    replied
    First time to get quarantined and isolated this month since the start of the pandemic. It's clearly different from just reading about it or watching it on the news. Being alone during these times puts so much stress and worry on a person which may lead to anxiety. It's hard to find the motivation and energy to work. From this experience, I get motivated when people message me telling me that these times are tough but it will pass. There are also people who pray for your well-being. If they believe in you, you gotta believe in yourself too!

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Frustration is an understatement for me. What I did is I stopped watching the news. I was extremely stressed and my anxiety was in an all time high and doing so helped my mental health somehow. I only read headlines now to stay updated but I don't read through it as much as I used to. I guess its true. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

• mjmnl
    replied
    A lot of countries have opened up their economy already. Here's one of the news I watched last month: https://www.voanews.com/episode/life...ctions-4705741
    Some countries are "Mask-free", classes are already face to face, parties are allowed, and a lot more normal stuff! It's kinda hard to accept that we are far from having that life now in my country. The vaccination rate is barely 5% of the population. I feel so frustrated and hopeless. Anyone here feels the same? How do you deal with this?

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Lou I can imagine, specially when you have to entertain the baby indoors all the time instead of taking the baby to the park. I hope you're getting enough sleep for your productivity and mental health too. It can be draining with sleep deprivation. We have to take care of ourselves in order to take care of the little ones too.

• Lou
    commented on 's reply
    I've gotten used to it, I guess. But, I need more sleep!!! Having a baby during this pandemic is both a blessing and a curse. I'm still happy though 'coz I get to spend more time with my kids and our new bundle of joy. But it's definitely not all rainbows and flowers especially when baby starts fuzzing and I am tired and sleepy and all worked out.😴😴😴

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I decluttered the house and started selling them online during the start of the lockdown. I saved space around the house, earned a little, and its eco-friendly too. I have friends who lost their jobs or their business was put on hold because of the pandemic, and it makes me proud to see them make a few more bucks by selling their home cooked meals and some DIY stuff online. Turning hobbies into profit really helps during these times. And supporting these small businesses goes a long way.
    Last edited by Kamille; 03-30-2021, 12:05 PM.

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I worked from home way before the pandemic, so my life did not make any drastic change as compared to others. Adjusting was not very difficult for me, though I do miss going on vacations with my kids and occasionally going out for coffee and drinks. But other than that, my life is practically the same. I just noticed that I appreciate my backyard space now more than ever. When I need an extra dose of motivation, I just grab my laptop and work from there. Its surprisingly effective for me.
    Last edited by Kamille; 03-26-2021, 11:28 AM.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    I've gotten used to it since I've been working from home even before the pandemic started. However, it's just frustrating that we cannot freely go out after work hours because it is safer to stay at home than to have your time outside. Pre-pandemic, when I wanted to release my stress, I just go out and meet with my friends at a nearby cafe or watch movies in the cinema. Something we can't do even after a year since the start of the pandemic.

How about you? Have you gotten used to this set-up?

• Bjun
    replied
    It's been a year since the pandemic started. Have you guys gotten used to working from home or are you still struggling on how to be motivated?

Leave a comment:

• Lou
    replied
    True mjmnl, I also love selling goods. Even when I was in elementary, I already enjoyed selling whatever I can sell. I think I find pleasure in knowing that once I am able to sell my products, I will earn and my bank account will grow bigger. Hahahhaha. This pandemic, I'm back to selling but only online since I can't really go out that much. Cheers to money-making hobbies 🤣🤣🤣

Leave a comment:

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    @Skye

Oh boy. Yeahs. That happens. Each ex having that heartbreak/honeymoon playlist. I have my own share of such songs, I just parody them out to mock my older less mature version so people dont think I'm totally over it lmao

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    jcoppi29, I guess it can also explain my distaste for music that were my exes' favorites. hahaha... that cringey feeling you get when you hear those songs. Memories associated with strong emotions. Unfortunately, instead of dragging you out of dark times, it dragged you into those dark times. hahaha....

• Kamille
    replied
    I think its also important to note the bad habits we should stop/avoid doing. I found this list and I realized that even though I try to follow all the tips everyone mentioned here, I still have some less-than-ideal habits. Here is a list I found online https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/bad...abits-36865325
    Do you still do some of these things? The article mentioned some tips on how to fix them, too!

Leave a comment:

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    This is so true!! I have been doing business since I was in college. I stopped though when I was doing my masters abroad and never did it again until the start of this pandemic. It might be weird for others that selling goods is one of my hobbies. But I find pleasure doing it and I only do it during my leisure time. It makes me more productive. It's a little handy too, as it also helps the family go through this pandemic without being too uptight with the finances.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    Kudos for having the motivation to do the workouts and yoga. I'm still trying to force myself to really be active consistently. I lack the motivation to continue what I started then stopping for a long period just got me lazier to start again. I guess I'm just waiting for another major backache before I get going again. Haha! It has been almost 2 months since I stopped exercising and it does not feel good, to be honest. I hope you continue and make it your habit
Working...
X