Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your greatest challenge with studying online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your greatest challenge with studying online?

I have always been a believer of brick and mortar schools. However, times have changed. Even these traditional schools have shifted to online and remote learning.

This shift demanded that we adjust quickly. Our society obsessed with perfection expects us to successfully adjust.

I found it interesting and challenging to study online. Interesting as it broadens my understanding of concepts, not confined in a classroom. Not confined by prescribed textbooks.

It is challenging because I have to unlearn the way I learned for most of my life. It is also challenging as it calls on personal discipline and accountability.

How about you? How are you finding online/remote/distance learning?

Motivating myself to study is still the biggest challenge. I am currently enroled to a classroom course but due to new restrictions, we might shift to online. Our teacher has talked about Zoom classes and I'm dreading it already.

Comment

I've always been used to traditional learning and when I tried to enroll in an online course I ended up wasting my time. The biggest challenge for me is the lack of focus. When I'm studying at home, especially at my own pace, I find my thoughts wandering to another matter or I'm cleaning up any mess I can find. When we are in a classroom setting, we can only stay inside the room and participate in the class. It is also easier to ask questions about the lesson when you study face to face.

Comment

I haven't tried distance learning; but from what I observe from my nephews, the challenging part for them is the lack of in-person communication. It can be less engaging at some point, especially when they struggle with a certain subject. Its a good thing we now have online forums where students can interact with each other and tutors are just one email away.

Comment

I have never experienced enrolling in an online class. However, my children are all doing online classes due to the pandemic and I can say they are not amused in any way. My eldest said it is hard for her to communicate with her research teammates as they don't see each other and others are not cooperating. Although these kinds of students exist even in a face-to-face scenario, at least you are able to talk to them directly and you see their facial expressions and body language. In an online setting, these are hard to come by. So it really makes communication harder.

Comment

Before taking another course, I was faced with the options of either studying online or going to classes. I chose the latter simply because I prefer interacting with other students. I've watched my nieces with their online classes and they get so distracted. I felt I couldn't focus if I do the same and I'm glad I opted for classes.

The next course I do, I might not have the option to go to classes though. I was hoping everything would ease up by now but it seems it isn't the case here.

Comment

Working...
            X