Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    My working area had the same setup for a year now and I've gotten sick of it. I'm constantly looking at Pinterest for a new setup that would work for me for at least a year or hopefully longer. The work area really helps in our productivity and attitude. Whenever my work area is messy, I can't work efficiently because there is a thought deep in my mind that I wanted to clean the clutter first before I can continue working. Any suggestion for work area inspiration?

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    My kids just recently started schooling and I am praying for the day I get to see them interact with other kids in an actual classroom with an actual teacher. I am grateful for the online classes, but its just not the same. My oldest have been so eager to make friends with other kids but we have to be careful in letting them approach us. I hope this pandemic ends soon so the kids can get back and move forward with their lives too.
    Last edited by Kamille; 02-12-2021, 12:28 PM.

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    One way to do this would be meditations or breathing exercises on a daily basis. I find that if you totally focus on one thing, like your breath, the sensations of the skin, or one particular aspect for a whole 20-30 mins (i set alarms so I dont think of the time), it develops the module in the brain that gets mindful. Mindfulness isn't really about forgetting other things, rather, conditioning the brain to be in the moment as much as possible and to enter a flow state.

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    @Kamille

At times I wish there's a fire extinguisher size canister for alcohol so whenever I go out, I can just carry it with me and readily spray people if they sneeze or get too close -- at least the virus dies upon exposure. lmao

• Lou
    replied
    I really hope this pandemic ends soon. My kids don't really appreciate their online classes and it makes learning difficult for them. They said having the teacher discuss in front of them is so much better than online. With face-to-face, they are able to discuss their lessons with their classmates and for them, it makes a huge difference. Still hoping things will be better soon. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Leave a comment:

• JerryYan
    replied
    One tip I think really helps is by setting some time, however short, in our day to reflect and clear our head. It helps us recharge in some way. This also allows us to have a sense of balance and courage to continue by restarting then possibly boost productivity.

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Same here jcoppi29. I was never into the crowd but whenever I have to go out, even a feet away from people makes me uneasy. What if they were exposed? or asymptomatic? or suddenly have the urge to sneeze? I have to bring a ton of sanitizers but boy do they make my skin dry. Thank goodness for delivery services that I get to stay home most of the time. I feel like I adjusted better because a lot of things can now be accessible through the internet. I seriously can't imagine living in a pandemic during the 90s.

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think I've been affected much but I do miss vacations. It's just that, with the current scare or circumstances, whenever I go out, I imagine small particles ready to infect me, thus, I ended up diving into gaming for the most part. Time indeed does fly.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    Everyone finds working/studying from home differently. As for me, we are similar, I find working from home favorable with my lifestyle. Although I miss going out for leisure in a nearby cafe after my shift. Things that we cannot really do on a regular basis nowadays. My nephews also miss playing with their friends or just going to the mall. I really hope these kids get through these hard times and get back to normal gracefully when the situation permits.

• Lou
    replied
    Bjun my kids are complaining! They said they miss going to school especially their college fair and performance tasks. Who would have thought? They miss their school service too! I love working from home though. It's a blessing for me.
    Last edited by Lou; 01-26-2021, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bjun
    replied
    How's everyone doing? It's almost a year since people started working from home. A lot has gone back to work however, it's not like before. Have you adjusted already?

Leave a comment:

• mjmnl
    replied
    Even after a year since the virus started spreading all over the world, numerous countries are still imposing travel bans, lockdown, quarantine, and a few more precautions that hinder us from socializing and getting back to our old lives. Before all of these issues, mental health has already been a problem.

I came across this article from CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/04/h...fc_lnFebinNdRE which tells us that just like last 2020, mental health will still be a public emergency this year.

It will take time before we all go back to our normal life. For now, all we can do is check on each other and do our best to support our loved ones. Listen to their stories, their problems, and help find a solution or at least let them know that you are just there if they need someone to be with.

Leave a comment:

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    kdy that's so funny. Hahahaha... I am waiting for Cyber Monday.

• kdy
    commented on 's reply
    Relieving stress today! It's black friday, ladies! 😈

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    For me, I get relaxed listening to the sound of rain. I found this Spotify podcast weeks ago and I listen to it whenever I feel anxious: https://open.spotify.com/show/0BRfO7...TOyBpsu9Zmt7HQ

There are also other podcasts available on Spotify that could help aid us in sleeping soundly at night. Combine this with some relaxing essential oils or scented candles to be more effective. Sharing the list of podcasts that could work for you: https://www.wellandgood.com/meditati...casts-spotify/
Working...
X