Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the ICI stand out in the herd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the ICI stand out in the herd?

There's a lot of institutes out there. Literally every other college is offering distance learning. Everyone's website is smeared with certificates and endorsements and boasts a really smart faculty. What is it that makes ICI one of the best choices?

The fees. For me, its the fees.

Comment

• Rchou89
      Rchou89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that ICI charges everything up front. Once you've paid your tuition, you have access to everything. You don't have to then worry about buying course materials and paying lab fees and every other fee that you'll see at most universities.

That was one of the things I hated about university. Tuition was just the tip of the iceberg. I actually had professors who would buy a single copy of a book of teach directly from their slides or loan out the book to students rather than require students to purchase a $500 text that would only be used a handful of times. I even had one professor who wrote his own textbook and handed out copies for the cost of printing to avoid heaping extra fess on students. That particular book cost me about $10. And I still have it.

You're telling me, I can pay my tuition one time and get everything I need from there at no extra charge? SOLD.

• Skye
      Skye commented
      Editing a comment
      It is indeed the fees. I wonder how they are able to offer such courses at such a low price. But then again, it's a no frills set-up. They send you your course work. Work on it on your own. Ask for assistance when needed. No ceremonies. No campus to maintain. No big overhead costs.

And this all translates to lower fees for the students. I am quite happy that they do that. Some online schools charge an arm and a leg even if their set up is similar to ICI.

I think its the diversity of courses on offer. I don't think any other renowned institute offers this many courses with such high standards maintained in terms of quality

Comment

• Rchou89
      Rchou89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a look at some of the course offerings at Purdue when I was researching ICI and you're right. They offer some, but not all the courses ICI does with "plans to expand" their online offerings. Most of Purdue's online courses are also on an 8-week timeline. ICI gives you more time and flexibility as well.

For me, its the testing procedure. Unlike regular institutes that put unnecessary stress on memory-based testing, ICI's system of analyzing progress is entirely different. Competency-based assessments are used to test the skills and knowledge gained along the way, and is supplemented by close coordination with the tutor!

Comment

I'd say the customised and tailored courses offer something unprecedented. Yes there are numerous institutes, and yes most of them have impressive reputation, but I haven't heard of a platform that offers such unique and student-centered programs tbh.

Comment

IMO counseling. Thats what does it for me. your relationship with ICI doesn't end once you have qualified and got that certificate. Rather, they go above and beyond the call of duty to give their students an insight into the job market, how to prepare for the interview, how to build the resume, how to interact with people related to the same field etc.

In short, everything you need to land that coveted job and help you make good on the investment you have put in their hands. I've seldom seen anything like this tbh

Comment

Job search assistance for graduates. In my opinion, this support provided to graduates after graduating sets them apart. They also have a very wide selection of programs and have been around for a long time.

Comment

• Rchou89
            Rchou89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've used job assistance programs at traditional universities and it's never what you think it's going to be. Having support from the institution you got your degree from makes all the difference.

There was a question about interviewing on this forum too. Have you used their interview prep services? I'm interested to know whether you found them helpful.

ICI gives you flexibility in terms of your study schedule. Unlike other schools where you need to follow a deadline, ICI allows you to study anytime on your own terms. You do have to complete your course in 3-years time but hey, that's a lot of time to finish one course 😊😉👍

Comment

• Bjun
            Bjun commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Flexibility is very important especially when you're working so you do not have to worry about your online classes conflicting with your work schedule. If you're not working, then you can complete the course faster if you study full time (possible to do it in a few weeks) instead of following a timetable, where you can only do so many units in a week. It's nice when you are given access to everything once you enrol.

Not all distance learning institutions are the same. Each institution has their pros and cons. For people who are more visual and want to interact with their tutors through video calls or attend zoom classes, then ICI is not for them. ICI is best for those who can study with minimum supervision, for those who doesn't want to be in a constrained schedule, basically those who can study on their own. ICI will give you the freedom to study and submit assessments whenever you want (within the given time frame, of course). Because of this, there will be no follow-ups done on you if you aren't submitting any assessments so you will have to take initiative and reach out to them if you need help. It's best for people who wants flexibility.

Comment

Working...
          X