Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the International Career Institute legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the International Career Institute legit?

What accreditations does the institute have? Are the courses good enough? Are the tutors good enough? Does the certificate enhance your chances at getting a job or not? If someone could guide me, I'd be pretty thankful!

https://courses.independent.co.uk/tr...course-reviews

Based on all these reviews, all I can say is that the ICI is legitness itself

Comment

TBH, anything thats not brick and mortar sounds pretty dodgy to me

Comment

• Click_Here
      Click_Here commented
      Editing a comment
      Grow up Lee Oswald. You're still stuck in the bronze age

• GladysMae
      GladysMae commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfectly understandable. It takes time to transition "beliefs" from traditional "brick and mortar" schools to online learning. We may all need to fast track the transition though as more schools are moving to blended and online learning, especially with this pandemic. Let's all keep an open mind. After all, the only thing constant is change.

Courses are good. I've only taken a couple classes to date but there's valuable insight that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise.

Comment

Jeff Epstein askin the real questions around here

Comment

Are they endorsed by any industry bodies? I would be grateful for any information

Comment

• John Wick
          John Wick commented
          Editing a comment
          They're endorsed by a number of internationally recognised institutions. Stop spreading BS Karen.

• Big_Fat_Panda
          Big_Fat_Panda commented
          Editing a comment
          Iamoffended As John Wick said, the ICI is endorsed by quite a handful of authorities. You can check their website for details. BTW John Wick Since when did asking a genuine question become BS? She has doubts, let her be satisfied dude!

Yes ICI is legitimate. They have been around for 13 years. I am a graduate from the class of 2015. Everything was as promised and I enjoyed the learning experience and support of my tutors. I have seen many other schools come and go in that time.
        Last edited by stan; 04-04-2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Covid-19
          Covid-19 commented
          Editing a comment
          stan I trained as a secretary with the ICI as well. Now I work for a local business (8-hour shift) and also offer my services online as a Virtual Assistant. Livin the dream!
          Last edited by Covid-19; 04-05-2020, 12:51 PM.

I see that they are a member of the Australian Society of Horticulture.

As the web site says courses are written and tutored by industry leaders/professionals. What does it mean?

Comment

Along with all the other answers, you can see their list of accreditations on their website. All of these accreditations can also be cross referenced with each of the accrediting agencies. For example: https://www.iapcc.org/ lists ICI on their website as one of their accredited institutions. (Holy canoli that's got to a record for usage of the word "accreditation!")

The main point being, do a little digging if you're not sold. Accreditation claims are easy to prove and will break down quickly under scrutiny if they're not legit.

Comment

• Steve_54_GB
            Steve_54_GB commented
            Editing a comment
            They are also accredited by the International Approval and Registration Centre (IARC)

From the experiences I had with them, they delivered what was promised and always responded promptly. I would be happy to vouch for them as so do other graduates by the looks of it

Ultimately I learnt new skills and gave me the confidence I needed. I, in particular, want to thank my tutor Kamille for her patience and support during my studies. I asked many questions and she helped me with the requests for assistance when I got stuck with some of my assignments. I was not alone and gave me the encouragement and support I needed to get me through my assignments.

Best of all was that my employer paid for the course. I have worked with them for 5 years and asked if they could fund my frontline management studies. They obliged. So I received additional training and a qualification thanks to my employer. I highly recommend everyone first asking their employer for course funding. The worst they could say is no. It demonstrates to them a seriousness to learn and grow further so its a win-win and helps with their retention of staff as far as the HR department is concerned.

Comment

International Career Institute's Director of Student Services was quoted in Entrepreneur Magazine a few days ago: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/349161

The magazine happens to be one of the most respect publications carrying news stories about entrepreneurship, small business management, and business. The magazine was first published in 1977.
            Last edited by stan; 04-19-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

You can also check them in the UK Register of Learning Providers. Here is the website of UKRLP: https://www.ukrlp.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X