Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Lou I hope your situation has gotten better. Last year was devastating to some more than others, but I am hoping things are starting to get better for you and your family. Better days will surely come and I hope you and your family have surpassed the worst.

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I too grew up near the beach and it has always been my happy place. We used to visit my hometown every few weeks and my kids loved the beach too. When the pandemic started, my parents moved to our other house on a farm as it has less busier streets and much safer for elderlies to stay. We still visit the house, but the beach is still closed for kids. I would have soaked up more and laid on the sand more with them if I knew there'd be a pandemic.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that, Lou. We all had a crazy ride last 2020 and some are still continuing until this year. Other people have worse experiences and some were able to thrive even during the pandemic. For me, I consider myself blessed for the fact that my family is still in better shape and my parents are finally vaccinated. I hope you find better days sooner!

• Lou
    replied
    The year 2020 has been such a tragedy especially for my family😪. But I'm still hoping for better days to come 💖💖💖

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Same here Lou. I booked a family adventure package for the holidays but then I saw the news that a lot of people are partying at the beach without masks on and I just need to cancel. No way am I going to risk my kids' health for a few days of vacation.

• Bjun
    commented on 's reply
    Kamille I totally agree with you. Although I couldn't remember a time where my family spent Christmas on a beach or anywhere else other than our home. The home is like a magnet that draws everyone together during the holiday season.

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    You're right, Bjun NZ has been back to how they were pre-Covid. My sister is in NZ and she said it seems like Covid never existed from where they are. I think its mostly because NZ is more populated by cows than human that it was easier for them to prevent the spread of the virus. I wish it will be the same for us here soon.

• Lou
    replied
    I just dreamt about the beach in my hometown last night! I guess I really miss going out this much already. Sigh! I hope this pandemic ends soon!

Leave a comment:

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    I do miss travelling with family. I also share your concern to stay home and keep the family safe.

• Bjun
    commented on 's reply
    kdy Nothing's impossible. I also aimed to travel every year and I didn't really get a vacation before the lockdown. Budapest and Romania, I'll have to check that as well. When I think of Dracula, I think of old castles and that's something I'd definitely be intested in.

I'm hoping to go see the Sagrada Familia next year, if I'm lucky and travel restrictions are lifted.

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    I can understand why you would want to go to Ireland.

Being a sucker for historical romance novels, I'd probably go with you there. And make a trip to Scotland too!

• Lou
    replied
    It would be nice to be able to go out again as a family. It's been months since the pandemic and we all deserve a break and a breath of fresh air. A trip to the beach would be nice. However, since the pandemic is still here, I am not confident about traveling this year. I have kids and I'd rather stay home to keep my family safe. Soon, we will all be able to travel again. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Leave a comment:

• Bjun
    commented on 's reply
    Skye No, I haven't really seen news about Taiwan but I heard NZ has won the fight against COVID. So true about policies being backed by science. It's so tiresome when politics come first even during a pandemic.

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    My family and I are going camping! Found a place that allows such. Kids are allowed. Pets are allowed. So far so good. I just hope they do not close borders again.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    My friends abroad (specifically my friends from Macau, Vietnam, South Korea, and Thailand) also post their daily lives on different social media platforms. Social gathering is already allowed in their country. Some of them don't have to wear masks anymore but they still feel safe. I feel happy for them for being able to win the battle against this virus but I can't stop myself from getting envious. I hope we can survive this pandemic soon too.
    Last edited by mjmnl; 11-17-2020, 04:39 AM.
Working...
X