Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays Amidst the Pandemic

What are your plans?

I finally found a resort that allows kids! I booked a family adventure package with boat rides, picnic areas, tour around a lake and a pool. I had to make sure the resort follows a strict protocol to ensure the safety of my kids. I'm not sure what to expect, but hopefully it will make up for the months that they are locked up at home.

Comment

• Bjun
      Bjun commented
      Editing a comment
      Kamille OMG! Your kids will have so much fun! My niece has been watching a lot of vids on youtube lately and asked me to take her to a waterpark once we can travel again.

This year, my family won't be complete for the holidays. My brother has decided to not risk traveling so I guess we will just see each other on video calls. We will definitely miss his family,though.

The only thing I think about is how to make the holidays enjoyable for the kids. My youngest niece is demanding Christmas decorations to be put up and her gifts be placed under the tree already. The kids in the neighborhood are excited to give me their Christmas socks so I can fill those with goodies. It has become somewhat of a tradition for them to flock at our house on Christmas day to collect their socks and gifts.

One thing I missed during this time though are the kids going around houses singing Christmas carols. It has been very quiet so far.

Comment

• Kamille
      Kamille commented
      Editing a comment
      Reading this made me realize that things have been quiet around our neighborhood too. Christmas carolers usually start as early as November. Now with just a few days away from Christmas and not a single caroler yet.

Part of our family's Christmas tradition is preparing loot bags filled with candies and small toys for street kids who visit us on Christmas day. I need to think of other ways to reach out as kids aren't even allowed to go out. Its gonna be a different Christmas this year for us but I hope kids will enjoy it regardless of the lockdown.
      Last edited by Kamille; 12-10-2020, 01:00 PM.

• Bjun
      Bjun commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Kamille. Were you able to give out loot bags to street kids this year?

• Kamille
      Kamille commented
      Editing a comment
      Bjun Yes, we did! No one came last Christmas and New Year's Eve, so we just drove around the city and gave them out to some kids on the streets. Aside from candies and small toys, we also included some home cooked meal and my kids' outgrown clothes. It was different from how we usually do it, but I am planning to continue it even after the holidays. There really is so much joy in giving and this year may not be the same, but it made our year so much festive than it actually is.
      Last edited by Kamille; 01-15-2021, 11:52 AM.

We are now working on the requirements so we can go home!!!! If there is one thing that kept me together for the most part of the year - it's the thought that we would be going home for Christmas! Also thinking about overstaying for another month or so... but still just thinking

Comment

• Bjun
      Bjun commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck kdy. I imagine overstaying a month is possible now even with student since a lot of them seem to be studying online.

• kdy
      kdy commented
      Editing a comment
      i did not overstay but planning to go back in the summer. Hometown will be on lockdown in Feb, but I really hope that the lockdown doesn't last long.

This year, the focus will be on who is with me. Literally who has been with me the entire year. No prepping for guests. No parties to attend. Just me and my kids and my dog. Camping is still on the top of the list. Although the kids are asking for staying at home with access to Roblox, Valorant and Fortnite. Then of course, their gifts are Robux, Radianite Points and V-Bucks and stuff.

Comment

• Bjun
      Bjun commented
      Editing a comment
      Skye We're the same, I'm spending Christmas with the same people I'm with the whole year. Although, we are looking at the possiblity of my brother's family coming over for 3 days without them being quarantined. If not, we might drive 6hrs to be with them for a few hours for the holidays.

• mjmnl
      mjmnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here! Spending the holidays with the people I've been with since the pandemic and lockdown has started. We usually host a Christmas party for my parents' employees every year but this year will be different and it's for the sake of everyone's health. We can always celebrate with a bigger crowd after all these. And I think it is also a great way to celebrate all the missed events this year and of course, a way to celebrate the end of a virus struck period. Hopefully, soon!!

So who here has plans already for the holidays? Vaccine is out so why not go out too!

Comment

• Gerhard
      Gerhard commented
      Editing a comment
      New vaccine reports so far are paralysis of the face, aggression, and possibly cannibalism (zombie like) towards other humans. Mind you, 2021 is still pronounced as 20-20-1 hahahaha

• mjmnl
      mjmnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannibalism? I'm pretty sure the moment that happens, I'm out! haha! I have no skills at all to fight that. I can't even stay calm when I watch movies with a zombie apocalypse theme. Hoping that everything will be controlled before mid of 2021. So many plans have been postponed and a significant number of lives have been lost. Praying for everyone's safety and happiness this coming 2021!

• Kamille
      Kamille commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's a link to a Corona Virus vaccine tracker. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-tracker.html I always check the news for updates as I am dreading the day that they will make it mandatory for everyone without testing for long term side effects first.

Merry Christmas, guys! Stay safe and I hope you have a wonderful time with the people you love.

Comment

The holidays are less festive in our place. But I am loving it! Less expenses too.

Comment

• Skye
        Skye commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke too soon in saying there will be less expenses.

We had to spend more during the holidays as we were exposed to a COVID positive case. Had to get tested, go on mandatory quarantine.

Definitely less festive, but a lot more expensive than usual.

Thankfully, the entire household tested negative.

Stay safe and healthy!

• kdy
        kdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to know that you are all safe Skye . It was indeed expensive!!

I enjoyed the holidays with family and relatives. It was a different kind because we can't go to crowded places, but we enjoyed hikes in the mountain, just taking morning walks, chatting over coffee in the afternoon, bonfires at night and movie marathons. the simple joys that we take for granted when we could do a lot more.

• Skye
        Skye commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, @kdy.

I envy those morning walks. To be out with nature.

I dream already as the pandemic will end to go somewhere on a cruise ship, only the boundless sea, alcohol and the sun!
      Last edited by OliviaScott; 01-06-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Skye
        Skye commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel you. To be free of the fear of getting infected... till then, these cruises will have to wait for us.

Our holidays were far from the past years. It felt different as we have to celebrate digitally. At least we were still able to see each other and were able to laugh and do games online but something is still lacking. I do hope this year will be better than the last 🙏🏾🙏🏻🙏

Comment

I only ate a lot and drank while gaming with some of my closest friends. Also had a few short meals with some of my siblings that live far away, because we couldn't risk prolonged exposure lol

Comment

This pandemic has made us realize a lot of things in life. I realized that family is the most important thing in this world. Our faith as a family has been tested, still being tested, but we're still hopeful. I am blessed, even though I lost my brother, I still have my other family members and relatives. But, the fear of getting infected somehow puts the family apart, with all the minimum health requirements and so on. Even so, I am still beyond grateful that we still have each other and none of us are infected with CoVID. 🥰🥰🥰

Comment

Have you guys read this thread on Reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ied_with_your/ I got really curious about how other countries deal with this pandemic. I myself am not happy with the response that our government is doing right now. Reading through the comments, I realized we are not alone in this fight but still I envy those countries who were able to go back to their normal lives because their government was able to act early and prevented the spread of the virus.

What do you think about your country/government's action?

Comment

• mjmnl
              mjmnl commented
              Editing a comment
              You have a point, Skye. It also depends on the citizen's response and attitude towards the rules implemented by the government. However, there are things that only the government has the power to do for the country and no matter how desperate the citizens are, we really can't do anything because the decision and the resources are in the government's hands.

• Kamille
              Kamille commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree . It depends on the people's response, but I think concrete and consistent execution of the government's rules should be implemented.
              'Longest quarantine in the world', and now in a midst of another strict lockdown. I just don't know what to expect anymore.

• Skye
              Skye commented
              Editing a comment
              The thing is we elected these people in the government. We created our own monster, our own demon.

Yes, the government should be held accountable. Definitely. The law should be implemented and applied to all citizens.

Anyway, for me, it boils down to basic consideration of others. I will take care of myself by making sure others do not get infected by me. I act as if I am infected. I stay home, follow health protocols when I go out, and practice GOOD HYGIENE. hahaha.. Wash my hands!!!
          Working...
          X