Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    The thing is we elected these people in the government. We created our own monster, our own demon.

Yes, the government should be held accountable. Definitely. The law should be implemented and applied to all citizens.

Anyway, for me, it boils down to basic consideration of others. I will take care of myself by making sure others do not get infected by me. I act as if I am infected. I stay home, follow health protocols when I go out, and practice GOOD HYGIENE. hahaha.. Wash my hands!!!

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I agree . It depends on the people's response, but I think concrete and consistent execution of the government's rules should be implemented.
    'Longest quarantine in the world', and now in a midst of another strict lockdown. I just don't know what to expect anymore.

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    You have a point, Skye. It also depends on the citizen's response and attitude towards the rules implemented by the government. However, there are things that only the government has the power to do for the country and no matter how desperate the citizens are, we really can't do anything because the decision and the resources are in the government's hands.

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, @kdy.

I envy those morning walks. To be out with nature.

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    @skye

That's something I can really relate with regarding my country and government. For the most part that I've argued online and tried to think about it hard, it just boils down to the innate issues humanity still has to learn to manage, otherwise, as Avi Loeb says, humanity remains its most dangerous existential threat.

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    I literally do not know where to start. It's like all my thoughts are rushing out. Yet, at the same time, my fingers are frozen.

Our government is trying to make a fool out of us. And it is not just the response to the pandemic. But the general collective action of this entire government for all of the country's concerns. Couple this with the people's (including me) lack of care for the overall well-being of the nation, as long as they (we) are not directly negatively affected by the way things are ran. I know this is a very simplistic take on things. I don't even really wanna talk about it here as it may take a very long time before I am able to pour out everything.

So to answer your question, I think my country's, not just the government's, response to the pandemic is a reflection of greed and selfishness.

• mjmnl
    replied
    Have you guys read this thread on Reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ied_with_your/ I got really curious about how other countries deal with this pandemic. I myself am not happy with the response that our government is doing right now. Reading through the comments, I realized we are not alone in this fight but still I envy those countries who were able to go back to their normal lives because their government was able to act early and prevented the spread of the virus.

What do you think about your country/government's action?

Leave a comment:

• kdy
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to know that you are all safe Skye . It was indeed expensive!!

I enjoyed the holidays with family and relatives. It was a different kind because we can't go to crowded places, but we enjoyed hikes in the mountain, just taking morning walks, chatting over coffee in the afternoon, bonfires at night and movie marathons. the simple joys that we take for granted when we could do a lot more.

• kdy
    commented on 's reply
    i did not overstay but planning to go back in the summer. Hometown will be on lockdown in Feb, but I really hope that the lockdown doesn't last long.

• Lou
    replied
    This pandemic has made us realize a lot of things in life. I realized that family is the most important thing in this world. Our faith as a family has been tested, still being tested, but we're still hopeful. I am blessed, even though I lost my brother, I still have my other family members and relatives. But, the fear of getting infected somehow puts the family apart, with all the minimum health requirements and so on. Even so, I am still beyond grateful that we still have each other and none of us are infected with CoVID. 🥰🥰🥰

Leave a comment:

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    I spoke too soon in saying there will be less expenses.

We had to spend more during the holidays as we were exposed to a COVID positive case. Had to get tested, go on mandatory quarantine.

Definitely less festive, but a lot more expensive than usual.

Thankfully, the entire household tested negative.

Stay safe and healthy!

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    Bjun Yes, we did! No one came last Christmas and New Year's Eve, so we just drove around the city and gave them out to some kids on the streets. Aside from candies and small toys, we also included some home cooked meal and my kids' outgrown clothes. It was different from how we usually do it, but I am planning to continue it even after the holidays. There really is so much joy in giving and this year may not be the same, but it made our year so much festive than it actually is.
    Last edited by Kamille; 01-15-2021, 10:52 AM.

• Bjun
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, Kamille. Were you able to give out loot bags to street kids this year?

• mjmnl
    commented on 's reply
    Agree! Definitely fewer expenses. Haha. We skipped at least 5 Christmas parties this year. As compared to the past years where parties start from December 23 until January 1. Although I really missed the fun, games, and bonding with friends and families. Although it's already possible to host a gathering nowadays since testing is rampant and easily available. But definitely expensive!

• jcoppi29
    replied
    I only ate a lot and drank while gaming with some of my closest friends. Also had a few short meals with some of my siblings that live far away, because we couldn't risk prolonged exposure lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X