Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GladysMae
    commented on 's reply
    Login details are sent within 24-48 business hours from the time of enrollment. This will be sent to the email address the student gives at the time of enrollment.

If you do not see the email with your login details in your inbox, please check your spam folder as it is sometimes recognized as unsolicited email.

If you have not received the email at all, please get in touch with the Student Services team by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the branch's website.
    Last edited by GladysMae; 11-08-2020, 12:24 PM.

• kodi
    replied
    how long does it take after u pay ur first instalment to recieve ur course materials?

Leave a comment:

• Gerhard
    commented on 's reply
    From lining up at Starbucks to school, we think things can be done with a click.

• stan
    replied
    We are the impatient generation where expect everything in an instant.

Leave a comment:

• Gerhard
    replied
    Students are so used to the "spoon feeding" they get from actual classroom or face to face classes that despite setting proper expectations some still treat online distance learning like traditional. On the other hand there is also some institutions or teachers who have no sense of time management or PR towards students who end up getting irate for getting delayed or no feedback at all.

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I agree. Reading through webpages, forums and reviews for the right school that is credible and is suitable for you and your needs is the first step of learning online. Also, its not just our money on the line, we are also investing our precious time, education and our future employment/career. I think that is worth the extra hours spent on researching.

• JerryYan
    commented on 's reply
    That is sad and I think it's true too for all international students all over the world..to think some are still unable to go home.

Good things happen too though like in the UK
    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/0...nt-population/

• Skye
    commented on 's reply
    Shaw Academy has been showing up on my news feed for the longest time. I am only now taking an interest in it because of the free four-week access and having nothing much to do in the middle of the restrictions. Thank you for sharing this article Alex_Ivanovski. You saved me the hassle.

• Lou
    replied
    The effect of this pandemic is quite disheartening and frustrating, so to speak. It has affected so many lives all over the globe. The saddest part for me is the people taking advantage of the situation. There are some people out there who are making money by scamming people especially online.

I believe this is why Alex_Ivanovski is asking all those questions. I can't blame him. We all earn our money using our blood and sweat and every penny counts especially during this time of the pandemic.

Nowadays, there are a lot of industries that are not regulated. With these non-regulated industries, the qualifications to start working depends on the employer. In some cases, experience is all you need to get into the industry. However, if you have a Diploma that is related to the industry together with your skills and experience, these give you an edge over the others.

My suggestion is, try to research more. Not all accusations on the internet are true. There are times when these accusations are deliberately created to destroy someone's reputation just because those who are accusing are being unreasonable. It's best to gauge their authenticity by comparing feedback from various sources. You can also check their accreditations. Call the accrediting bodies and verify as much as you can. You may also check other places on the net for any forums, threads, or whatnot. If you know a friend who has taken up a course at this certain school, ask for their feedback.

It's better to spend some time looking for the right distance learning school than end up regretting your decision just because you can't be bothered to do a bit of research. Also, if you are not ready to do research, then you may need to think twice if you are really ready to do online learning.

Leave a comment:

• sammie83
    replied
    International students studying Australia have been left high and dry since COVID appeared. They have lost many of their part-time and casual job and they are ineligible for government assistance. Should they leave the country they can no re-enter due to the long term border closures which are in place. International students are one of Australia's largest exports and yet they have been left out to dry so to speak.

More can be read about the subject at: https://www.equaltimes.org/internati...n#.XzYTICgzaUk

Leave a comment:

• Alex_Ivanovski
    replied
    Reconsider what? Asking questions to see if certificate mill?

accusations that the organisation is not legit, is exactly what the poster wants

Asking questions are accusations now? Stop playing the victim.
    Last edited by Alex_Ivanovski; 08-14-2020, 05:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jcoppi29
    commented on 's reply
    I think, after looking around online course providers online, for the most part, it's a general non-sequitur to assume an internationally accredited course is automatically a nationally accredited (albeit, a national qualification) course. There's sadly a difference between international accreditations and national ones because the former tends to be overruled by the latter depending on a country's regulations around a particular field.

Sadly, qualifications frameworks are a tad more complicated than they should be because it becomes a per country-basis, if those countries impose their local qualifications frameworks or not, thus, exerting influence to employers. It could have been much more simpler or straightforward if there's just an internationally unified qualifications framework, so regardless where you take the course, and which country you're planning to apply it, you'd have a clear level awareness of the achievement obtained.

Then again, countries like to complicate things by making their own frameworks, hitting eager individuals/workers by making them pay more for local systems. It's quite possible to make a central unified framework for qualifications but I'm guessing, this isn't likely to happen because it isn't as financially profitable for local providers. (wearing my tinfoil hat here loljk)

This is why the word "accredited" tends to be misconstrued because the technicals between international and exclusive-esque national qualifications tend to be blurred. Generally, such a setting will work for non-license, or unregulated fields wherein a local framework isn't required to get a job. In conclusion, if we're aiming at one country, the best course of action is to find out if there are regulations surrounding a field that impose a local standard. If there's none, it isn't mandated by the government for all qualifications to be only AQF or NVQ or any other framework-specific label, if there's one, at least we'd know what steps to take. It''s generally faster to reach out to whoever is responsible in managing regulations and licenses in an area, I think.

• stan
    replied
    Yes, Mark. A threshold is always a good idea even if it is English language skills or computer literacy for entry into beginners courses.

Leave a comment:

• Kamille
    commented on 's reply
    I'm amazed how much these parents do to get their children admitted to elite schools. And if they do this much to get admitted, I can only imagine what they'd do to keep them in. Students cheating their way into elite universities have been happening for years. I can only assume that after this scandal, there will be tighter verification of credentials to all the students, regardless of family histories and social standing.

However, I also understand that running a university is a business, and they do need the funds. I just hope they have equal opportunities for those students that are truly qualified for the spot.

• Indelible_Mark
    replied
    There must be some minimum threshold to get admitted into any online course...its an expectation-levelling event to have to read the details of a course. Without a complete idea of what needs to be done, what is getting done is for some value, and that the 'value' achieved IS in fact useful and applicable to my job --seriously if I was not ready to read through the full course expectations how can I be expected to even study by myself!

Good self-led programs should have an expectations-setting step -something that will not only tell a prospect exactly how he will succeed with and through the course- before getting to a payment step.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X